Building a brand new property offers many advantages that enables you to focus on maximising your investment potential while minimising your ongoing costs.
New homes are sought after by tenants and will generally attract higher rentals than similar older properties. New homes are also more likely to retain long-term tenants, providing you with rental stability.
In addition, a new investment property:
- Is clean, fresh, secure and easy to maintain inside and out.
- Features an appealing liveable design and modern appliances.
- Can incorporate new-generation telecommunications wiring.
- Does not require costly upgrades to meet modern safety standards.
- Your independent financial advisor should be able to claim the ATO’s full depreciation allowance on building costs, fixtures and fittings.